Access your email account on your mobile device
Yahoo Mail is the official application for Yahoo's mail service, to be used as an alternative to the default "Mail" application on the Android Operating System.
Yahoo Mail has been around for a long time, and as is customary for major mail products, the company decided to make its own mail client. While Android comes with a default mail client, this application is purportedly more feature-filled and has more Yahoo-specific features than the default app.
Yahoo Mail made an app that is not much better than the default app. It feels very clunky, and it's very prone to errors without much feedback. The interface doesn't make sense at times. Of course, this isn't to say that the default mail app is flawless. However, the Yahoo app does not even have all of the options available on the desktop version. For example, you cannot currently configure a vacation or away message on the mobile version.
The best feature in the current release is the ability to have multiple Yahoo accounts linked to the same app. This is ideal for business owners and people who have different email addresses for different reasons.
Currently, the Yahoo Mail app would be a waste of space on most peoples' phones. Unless you can find a specific feature that isn't on the default mail app that you need, it would be better to just go with that. It may be brand-specific, but that's about it. There are many other more generic multi-inbox solutions that will also meet your needs.
- Supports multiple Yahoo accounts
- Interface is more familiar for Yahoo users
- Nothing in this app is much better than what's in the default mail app
- Cannot perform every function the web/desktop version can
• New navigation bar: find what you need faster--all within thumb’s reach! Now you can access all your folders and views along the bottom in what we call the “Joy Bar”, which you can customize for your needs.
• Folders: tap the “Inbox” tab in the bottom navigation to switch between Sent, Drafts, Trash, Spam, & your other folders.
• Compose & Search have moved to the top right
• Account info: tap your profile icon on the top left to add, manage, or switch between your email accounts.